An overview of important additions and changes to the documentation
Updated HTML attributes to improve accessibility (A11Y) standards for various player components. These changes include the following:
The aria-label attribute for the Chromecast icon was updated to reflect the state of the session.
The aria-label attribute for the timeline bar was updated to provide more complete output to screen readers.
The aria-selected attribute was added to expanded menu options to indicate when they're selected.
Added a new Video Track Selection plugin to configure the player with a single stream that contains multiple video tracks. When you enable this plugin, the player's user interface displays a menu to select a specific video trackl (liek a camea angle).
Translations: Added Greek to the available languages.
OVP The UI (and API) will now warn you if an attempt to schedule streams longer than 36 hours with DVR enabled is made.
Flowplayer Apple SDK
- release 4.0
We released version 4.0 of the completey revamped Apple SDK, which fully leverages Swift for seamless platform integration with your iOS and tvOS applications. The redesigned SDK architecture promises enhanced stability, fewer bugs, and improved maintainability while delivering an optimized user experience. Specific improvements include:
- Optimization and efficiency — New multi-platform architecture for more efficient code deployments and a reduction in our code base.
- Enhanced development experience — Improved clarity and quality of documentation, with out-of-the-box support for DocC reference documentation. Developers can also leverage a richer, more intuitive API, using a multi-faceted SDK setup.
- Flexibility and compatibility — Proper segregation of the core player and UI framework, with enhanced event observation.
- Integrated tools and support — Plug-and-play development setup with demo applications and integration of Swift Package Manager support.
- To get started with the new Apple SDK, see About the Apple SDK.
ads plugin Fixed an occasional issue causing a few video frames to display before preroll ads for certain content configurations.
Core player: Added a new logo_alt_text configuration property for alternate logo image descriptions and better accessibility.
Translations : Added simplifoed Chinese to the available languages.
Float-On-Scroll plugin Added the ability to programmatically control pop-in and pop-out behavior for the Float on Scroll plugin. We added the following:
- A new float_default property.
- Two new popIn() and popOut() methods.
- A new float:exit event.
- release v3.6.2
- Improved the HLS plugin to allow users of the embedded player to better distinguish between audio description tracks for accessibility and standard audio tracks.
- Fixed an intermittent issue that caused the player to buffer endlessly and not auto-play when it's pushed out of the viewport.
- Added support for native rendering of subtitles by the browser. This change facilitates the injection of CSS rules when defining subtitle styles directly in WebVTT files. To enable this feature, see the HTML Subtitles configuration options .
- Fixed an issue causing the player to fail with a DECODE_PIPELINE_ERROR on different Android devices, such as Samsung S21, S22, S23, and OnePlus.
- Fixed an issue with the Gemius Analytics plugin that was causing ad-related events not to be tracked.
- release v3.6.1
- introduces the Google Analytics 4 plugin
- release v3.5.3
- fixes a bug in the subtitles plugin which prevented CEA-608/708 subtitles from showing
- the ad coutdown element in the ads plugin is now a plugin web component
- the VOD encoder now handles MP4 uploads with fragmented segments
- the EU DPA information was updated on March 23rd 2023, which is now mentioned in the UI
- Admins can now see whether a user they manage is logged in with Google SSO
- "Get Embed Code" is now called "Publish" for all asset types (VOD, Playlist, Livestream) and the different embed types are now in tabs
- the VOD encoder now handles HDR videos by recalculating them
- [fix] "Get Embed Code" no longer crashes in organization view
Flowplayer Native release v3.5.x
- added WebOS and Tizen plugins to expand SmartTV support
- added SmartTV SDK docs
preload: noneis honored again
- player configurations can now be cloned
- the "Allow playback after stop time" setting is now configurable on the workspace level
adTagsnow have a separate
Occitanto the available translations
- added a retry option for live streams which are not online yet
- added support for real time streaming, currently with support for Wowza Video™ and Wowza Streaming Engine
- added an autopause option for ads to the ads plugin
- fixed issues in the keyboard plugin which did not mute ads on pressing
mand did not focus the ads ui with
- fixed issue in OVP-hosted playlists starting muted on iOS
- completely revamped the search filters for videos / livestreams / players, for example:
- you can now filter your player configurations by configured behavior, hostname restrictions or plugins
- you can now filter videos by tags, categories or a publish time range
- fixed a bug which prevented editing existing adTags
- fixed the time selector for scheduled live streams
Flowplayer Native release v3.4.6
- cuepoints plugin: the
draw_cuepointsoption was reintroduced
- keyboard plugin fix: honor percentage config & do not hi-jack global keypress events
- the WebVTT Editor allows uploading of up to 5 files simultaneously and has enhanced zooming and focus capabilities
- subtitles generated by the automatic transcription feature now have
(Auto)in the label by default to better distinguish them from manually created ones
- endscreen recommendations can use dynamic playlists
- iOS SDK updated to v3.3.0
- ads a new option for background playback
- added information about the v2.x plugin compatibility build for release v3.4.3+
- added a new option to hide controls
- animated preview clips are now auto-generated for new uploads
- added a new property
- you can now define a custom DVR window length in the workspace settings and in the individual livestream settings
Flowplayer Native release v3.4.3
- the ID3 plugin now respects both strings and objects in timed metadata
- the subtitles plugin emits the new
- UI now uses flowplayer-react
- there is a now a shortcut hint in the UI (link to shortcuts)
- you can now deactivate 24/7 livestreams (temporarily) and move them from the Active to the Completed tab
- 24/7 streams now have their own ingest cluster (needs adjustment in your streaming setup)
Flowplayer Native release v3.4.0
- playlists now support ads per item
- updated integrated hls.js to 1.2.3
- [fix] OVP hosted playlists now auto-advance and show skip controls
- [fix] ads do not start if player out of viewport
- enhanced WCAG 2.1 compliance
- better recovery from HLS media errors on slow networks
Flowplayer Native release v3.3.0 with the following fixes and featues:
- fixes missing ad ui flags in the ad plugin and moved them to the new
hls.jsto v.1.2.0 in the hls plugin
- keyboard plugin no longer requests exit fs when player is not on fs mode
OVP Fixes to some timezones not correctly applied to livestream schedules
Flowplayer Native release v3.2.8 with the following fixes and featues:
- fixes missing i18n for ads indicator in the ad plugin
- ads continue to plays when popped out with the float on scroll plugin
- the playlist plugin now updates the title and description correctly when the API is used
auto_advanceconfiguration option in the endscreen plugin
try.flowplayer.com sandbox The try.flowplayer.com sandbox now allwos to switch the stable and canary release channels
- fixed an issue in the qsel plugin which caused a mismatch between label and manually selected level
- org admins can now set livesource availability to apply for all workspaces
- livestream previews now have labels for ingest and broadcast
- the new geoblocking method can now be configured when creating workspaces
- invoices in the billing section are now printable
- updated the Chromecast receiver app
- playlist playback can now be started from any index
- added a demo for connection retries
- added a demo for outstream ads
- added a demo for cuepoints triggering overlays
- added the consent plugin documentation
- regenerating API keys now requires a confirmation
- Geoblocking can now be set on the workspace level and for individual assets.
- added an option to set fallback stream ingests for livestreams
- fixed fiiltering by tags in video and livestream search
- release 3.2.0
- float on scroll plugin will now always use landscape ratio to avoid large heights with portrait videos
- oustream ads now corrrectly start when entering viewport
- added Turkish and Nederlands to the translations
- added new events to the ad plugin docs
- added more tabbing to navigate through the OVP elements and action buttons
- animated previews are now available in multiple resolutions
- fixed DASH sources in playlists
- added workaround for Android WebView bug which stalled the player when loading WebVTT tracks
- new consent plugin allows to disable tracking and local storage (docs to follow)
- added outstream support to the ads plugin
- added documentation for the new keyboards shortcuts feature
- added this What's New section